The Remote Desktop Services User Session Log Summary report, or the Session Log MinMax Summary custom report, was created for a client who wanted to track activity for every remote desktop user that connected to the RDS farm sorted by daily user reports.
Although SysKit comes with a list of predefined reports, please note that you will not find the Remote Desktop Services User Session Log Summary custom report among your default SysKit reports. If you have a specific request, contact us with the details and wireframe of the report, and we will create a report which you can use in your environment.
The Remote Desktop Services User Session Log Summary report lists:
- When a certain user connected to the remote desktop servers
- First log-on and last log-off time for the remote users
- Total time spent connected in a session
- Time spent in active and idle session state
How to monitor user activities with Remote Desktop Services User Session Log Summary report
The Remote Desktop Services User Session Log Summary report is available for download.
It is listed as a Session Log MinMax Summary custom report. Once you have downloaded this custom report, you have to import it into your SysKit application. Please note that all custom reports need to be imported manually into the SysKit application, as they do not come embedded. To import the definition, please follow these instructions.
Now that you have the Session Log MinMax Summary custom report imported, you can start generating your data.
- Navigate to Custom Reports > Session Log MinMax Summary.
- Drag the User and Date columns to the group box.
- In the filters category, select all users. Click OK, and then click Save Filters in the Custom Reports ribbon.
And you are all set up, with your report ready to use!