This article describes the new features and improvements in SysKit Point version 18.
SysKit Point 18
While you wait for spring to come, we bring you the latest and greatest SysKit Point 18! Version 18 brings you Alerts to help you fight against unwanted activities in your Microsoft 365 environment; the Access Review automation has more capabilities than ever before, and new actions and reports are also not missing. Find them all listed below!
Product version: 18.0.1
Build number: 1732
Release date: Feb 18, 2021
Alerts are now available in SysKit Point! Get an email every time something significant happens in your environment - be it a sensitive file download, user sign-in from a suspicious IP address, or an unexpected addition of a new team member, you will be in the know. You can:
- Activate alerts on different scopes – from tenant-wide down to specific file!
- Apply filters – select specific users, IP ranges, or specific IP addresses to only get an alert when defined conditions are met
- Define who will get an email in case the alert is triggered
- View all active alerts and resolve them after ensuring that your environment is secure
- New Analytics and Adoption reports and dashboards are available! They enable you to:
- discover most active Microsoft Teams, channels, and users
- find information about meetings, such as average duration, number of meetings through time, among others
- track adoption of different workloads over time
- view SharePoint activity for selected sites; find most active users, the most popular sites, as well as pages and documents with most hits within a selected time frame
New Access Review setup, policies, and capabilities are now available!
You can now set up the automated Access Review with the help of the new Access Review wizard. Access review policies are also introduced to give you more possibilities and greater flexibility. Per each review policy, you can define the following:
- Review scope – you can select to review membership, or content, or both, or only focus on the guest and external sharing
- Recurrence – choose how often reviewers need to perform the Access Review
- Content scope – select the content level that needs to be reviewed
Once created, you can apply review policies to Microsoft Teams, Groups, and sites.
Besides that, you can now decide which users will be responsible for the Access Review of selected Microsoft Teams, Groups, and sites.
New License Reports are available! You can now find detailed information on license usage in the following reports:
- Licenses Overview
- Licenses Usage by Service
- License Distribution
- Inactive Licenses
The Remove Licenses action is available on the Inactive Licenses report, enabling you to reclaim unused licenses and minimize your license costs.
New user actions added – Delete and Restore User!
New actions are available on the Users overview screen. To learn more about these actions and permissions needed to run them, navigate to the following article.
New group management actions are available:
- Add Members – when a security group is selected
- Add to Group – when a SharePoint group is selected
You can find new actions on the Group Access and Permissions Matrix report, as well as the Permissions Tile on the Site Details screen.
Improvements & Bug Fixes
Improved how SysKit Point utilizes CPU! The following operations were optimized:
- saving audit logs
- exporting reports to PDF files
Improved how SysKit Point queries the SQL database! We took additional measures to speed things up for you. You will notice these changes when generating reports, overview, and detail screens.
Improved Home Screen and additional data about new features are available! The latest features – Alerts and Scheduled Reports – are now available from the Home Screen. After installing the latest version, you will also get a notification inside SysKit Point, giving you the list of most important features added in the newest version.
Additional columns and improved report data are available!
- Site Type column added to External Users, Orphaned Users, Orphaned Resources, Users with Privileged Access, Group Access, and User Access report
- IP Address column added to Audit Logs Overview, Exchange Logs, Site Permissions Changes, User Activity and File and Page Activities report
Privacy column added to Users with Privileged Access report
Details column on audit reports now shows additional data for Membership Changed and Changed Team Setting events
Email size for Scheduled Reports increased from 4MB to 35MB, giving you the possibility to schedule reports with large amounts of data, which is especially important when sending PDF files. You can additionally increase the limit to 150 MB in the Exchange admin center.
Validation was added on the Subject field when customizing emails. Before, entering a lengthy text as a subject would cause the Settings screen to crash unexpectedly. Now a message appears if you reach the subject limit of 78 characters.
Various UX/UI improvements and minor fixes available. With this version, Office 365 Groups are renamed Microsoft 365 Groups in SysKit Point, reflecting changes in Microsoft’s naming.
Improved the User Sync to handle Security Groups with assigned Azure AD roles. Before, the sync would fail with the following errors:
System.ArgumentException: The value "Microsoft.Graph.Group" is not of type "Microsoft.Graph.User" and cannot be used in this generic collection.
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.Graph.Group' to type 'Microsoft.Graph.User'.
Fixed an issue where the site sync would fail to complete, resulting in the following errors:
System.Exception: The remote server returned an error: (429). Unable to retry request no InitialRequest defined. RetryAttempt: 1
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (429).
Fixed an issue that appeared when importing certificates from Personal Store. The following error was visible in the event log:
System.Exception: SSL Certificate add failed, Error: 1312 A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.
Fixed an issue where the Auto Discover would fail to complete writing data to the database, which would result in the following error:
SysKit.SecurityManager.WorkerUtils.Database.CustomSqlException: Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
Fixed an issue where SysKit Point would ask you to request access to protected Microsoft Teams API, although Microsoft already granted the access.
Fixed an issue with the Sharing Links sync, where the following error would appear in case SysKit Point reached the throttling limits:
System.Exception: 429 TOO MANY REQUESTS
Fixed an issue where SysKit Point collaborators would get a Bad Request error in the Sites tile when opening a user details screen for an owner of an archived or deleted site. The following error was visible in the event log:
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
Fixed a bug where unsuccessful Auto Discover syncs were erroneously displayed as successful in the Auto Discover drop-down menu.
Fixed a bug where removing an orphaned user from multiple sites would fail if SysKit Point could not remove the user from a single site.