This article describes the Custom Reports.
The Custom Reports section offers many reports with customized fields and conditions. You can choose different field orders and sorting options, specify various conditions regarding custom fields, specify summaries, and much more.
Predefined Custom reports are available:
- Installed Updates – shows whether updates were installed on a selected server.
- SysKit Permissions – shows which users have access to the SysKit application and what kind of permissions they were granted.
- Idle Activities Today – shows which users were idle and for how long over one day.
- Windows Services – shows all services that are running on your local and remote computers. This is a real-time report.
The Custom Reports navigation consists of the following options:
- Custom Reports – displays a list of created custom reports.
- Report Data – displays retrieved data for a selected report.
- Custom Reports ribbon – available actions for custom reports.
Custom Reports Ribbon
- Save – enables saving custom reports in the PDF, Excel, HTML or CSV file format.
- Export – export the selected report as an Excel file.
- Create – start a Custom Reports Wizard that guides user through the process of creating a new custom report.
- Edit – edit a custom report.
- Edit Conditions – leads directly to the conditions step of the wizard where you can edit previously defined filters.
- Save Layout Changes – enable a user to save all layout changes without going through the wizard again.
- Delete – delete a selected report.
- Export Definition – export custom report settings previously defined through the custom report wizard.
- Import Definition – import a previously created custom report.
- Manage Categories – create and edit folders for custom made reports.
- Create Alert – create email alerts that inform a user about new entries in the custom report.
- Remove Alert – delete a previously configured alert.
- Schedule This Report – set the scheduling of daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly subscription to the selected report. For example, if you select daily delivery period, selected reports will be sent every day to the configured email address.
- Configure Settings – set default outgoing server options.
- Date Range – change the short term date range for the created report.
- Options – configure options for the Report and Dashboard data, Alerts, Export and System Jobs.