ERROR: Login failed for user DOMAIN\username.
User running the Configuration Wizard is not allowed to login on the specified SQL server.
To allow this user to login and create the database please perform the following steps:
- Connect to the SQL server using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Right-click on the Security folder, point to New and select Login
- In the new dialog box, select Windows authentication and in Login name field type the user’s username in DOMAIN\username format:
- Select Server Roles page on the left side and make sure the user has dbcreator and securityadmin roles:
- Click OK and return to the SysKit Configuration Wizard – Database Configuration step.
- Click Test Connection button. The connection will now be successful. Please continue with the SysKit configuration.
Please note! If you are using the SQL authentication to access the database, make sure to allow this user to login on the specified SQL server, and depending on your scenario, you need to assign the following permissions:
- Create a new database – To allow the user using SQL authentication to create a new database, make sure the ‘dbcreator’ role is selected.
- Configure an existing database – To allow the user using SQL authentication to configure the existing database, make sure the ‘db_owner’ membership is assigned.