ERROR: The database you have entered does not exist or DOMAIN\username running the Configuration Wizard does not have the correct priviledges to connect to it.
If the database does exist, you need to assign db_owner role on the database to the user running the Configuration Wizard. To do so, please perform the following steps:
- Connect to the SQL server using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Expand Databases folder and then expand the database which you are trying to configure:
- Expand the Security folder and then the Users folder:
- If the user running the Configuration Wizard is not on the list, right-click the Users folder, click New user and add a new user:
- Right-click on the user running the Configuration Wizard and select Properties:
- Select Membership page, give user db_owner role and click OK:
- Please return to the SysKit Configuration Wizard and continue with the SysKit configuration.
Please note! If you are using the SQL authentication to access the database, make sure to allow this user to login on the specified SQL server, and depending on your scenario, you need to assign the following permissions:
- Create a new database – To allow the user using SQL authentication to create a new database, make sure the ‘dbcreator’ role is selected.
- Configure an existing database – To allow the user using SQL authentication to configure the existing database, make sure the ‘db_owner’ membership is assigned.