ERROR: Domain\username running Configuration Wizard does not have permission to create a database on the SQL server.
To allow the user running the Configuration Wizard to configure the database and the service account, please perform the following steps:
- Connect to the SQL server using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Expand the Security folder and then expand the Logins folder:
- Right-click on the user running the Configuration Wizard and click Properties:
- Select Server Roles page on the left side and make sure the user has dbcreator and securityadmin roles:
- Click OK and return to the SysKit Configuration Wizard.
- Click Retry
- You will see that the database was successfully created. Click Finish to complete the SysKit configuration.
Please note! If you are using the SQL authentication to access the database, make sure to allow this user to login on the specified SQL server, and depending on your scenario, you need to assign the following permissions:
- Create a new database – To allow the user using SQL authentication to create a new database, make sure the ‘dbcreator’ role is selected.
- Configure an existing database – To allow the user using SQL authentication to configure the existing database, make sure the ‘db_owner’ membership is assigned.