This article describes how to configure your server to monitor Citrix Published Applications with the SysKit.
In order for monitoring to be successful, these are the steps you will have to perform on each Citrix XenApp Server where you run published applications.
Enable the Remote Management
- Run the Server Manager and click on the Configure Server Manager Remote Management.
- Check in the Enable remote management of this server from other computers option and click OK to finish.
- Alternatively, verify in PowerShell that WinRM is configured properly, open powershell and type in winrm quickconfig.
If you received access denied error run PowerShell as Administrator.
- Confirm Yes that you want enable to create WinRM listener and create firewall exception.
Add SysKit Service User to the Citrix Farm Administrators group on the XenApp management server
- Navigate to the Start > Administrative Tools > Citrix > Management Consoles > Citrix AppCenter.
- Expand the Citrix Resources section and the XenApp subsection. Choose the Citrix farm and click on the Administrators group.
- Right click on Administrators group, choose New and select Add Administrator.
- Change the directory type to the Operating System User Selector and click on the Add… button in the first step of the Add Citrix Administrator wizard.
- Set the Object Types to Users or Groups and the Location to Entire Directory.
- Enter the name of a service user that you would like to add and click OK. After you added the chosen service user, click OK and then Next.
- In the second step of the Add Citrix Administrator wizard choose the View Only privilege level for the newly added administrator.
Your Citrix Management Server is now configured for the SysKit Published Applications monitoring.
In case of any difficulties during the configuration feel free to contact our support team.
See Configure SysKit for Citrix XenApp 5 Published Application monitoring to learn more.
See Monitor Citrix Published Applications to learn more.