This article describes how to start using your SysKit Web Application.
SysKit Web UI allows you to monitor and report from wherever you are. It can be accessed from desktop computers and mobile devices. It is ideal for busy managers and chief information officers who travel a lot and do not always have access to Microsoft Remote Desktop Servers or Citrix XenApp published applications. You can access all reports from the SysKit desktop application through the web interface, and you can apply filters to reports so that you see only the data you want to see.
After you have installed the SysKit Web Application, double click on the SysKit Web App shortcut on desktop or open your web browser and type in the server name where the SysKit Web Application is installed, e.g., Server.domain.name:port/. The SysKit Web interface will appear, and it will be ready to explore.
If this doesn’t get you started, try verifying the following:
- Run the Internet Information Services Manager.
- Find your newly created SysKit site and click on the Browse Web Site (http) link.
- A dialog box will appear in the browser, requesting the user to provide credentials to access the SysKit Web Application.
The benefits of using the SysKit Web Application are as follows:
- Simple and easy-to-use reporting interface
- Gives you deep insight into employees’ activities
- Helps you meet regulatory requirements
- Helps you easily manage and monitor the performance and health of your server environment in real time
- Saves money on license reports
- Simplifies organization-wide access to user activity reports.
Use the Reports toolbar to perform the following actions:
- Send Mail – Send the current report to email
- Export – Export the current report to a PDF or Excel file
- Refresh – Refresh items in the main view
- Expand / Collapse – Expand collapsed groups in the current report, or collapse expanded groups in the current report.