Keeping an SQL environment secure can be challenging for any DBA, especially if you have hundreds of SQL Servers in your organization. To start with, each server has multiple logins with different roles. To protect corporate data, every DBA should have control of all role permissions assigned in the organization.
In every company, people leave, and you’re left with unused login accounts on SQL Servers, which you need to remove. Or if there are new employees, you need to assign new permissions across multiple servers. You certainly know from experience how time-consuming that can be.
Efficient server-level permission management with SysKit SQL Manager
SysKit SQL Manager makes the tedious work much easier. It allows you to perform security management tasks across multiple SQL Servers from a single UI, quickly and accurately, whether you need to create a new login on several SQL servers, give or remove permissions for a principal(s) on multiple servers, delete a principal(s) from server(s), etc.
Whatever you need, SysKit SQL Manager has got you covered:
- Grant – Choose principals to whom you want to grant server roles on selected SQL servers. If a login doesn’t exist on any of the selected servers, a new one will be created.
- Revoke – Remove logins from assigned SQL Server roles.
- Drop – Delete SQL Server logins. This prevents access to an instance of SQL Server under that login name.
Automated security management actions
You have the option to run management actions immediately, or you can schedule them. For instance, say you have to grant someone sysadmin roles on a particular server(s) but for a few days only, and then revoke that role. Specify the exact times when the grant and revoke actions should be executed, and logins will be added to or removed from the selected server roles at the chosen time by the SysKit SQL Manager service.
You can track all scheduled actions, and check their statuses, execution and undo dates, and more. If you change your mind and want to remove a certain scheduled action, or it’s no longer needed, you can cancel it. Additionally, you will be notified via email when an action has been executed and about all the changes that were made, so at all times you know what’s going on in your environment.
- Visit resources center for videos and samples of documentation and reports by SysKit SQL Manager.
- View a detailed list of all available features and reports by the license type.