This article explains how to handle issue caused by wrong database server.
Is SQL Server configured to use a named instance
The wrong database server name has been entered while trying to connect to the database server through the SPDocKit Configuration wizard.
Check if your SQL server is configured to use a named instance, e.g.Server/InstanceName.
- Run the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Right-click on the preferred server and select Properties.
- Check the full server name, i.e. both server and instance name.
- Change the server name in the SPDocKit Configuration wizard according to the name written in the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- SQL connection should now be available.