This article describes how to handle issue when SPDocKit fails at retrieving SQL account from server.
Failed at retrieving SQL Accounts from the following servers
While loading a SharePoint farm the following error message was displayed in the event log:
Failed at retrieving SQL Accounts from the following servers: ‘Server Name’. Check your permissions.
The user running the application and the account under which the SPDocKit Service is running, if you have configured it, need to be granted rights to read the registry on the remote server. To add a user account to the Local Administrators group do the following on each server that you get this warning for:
- Click Start, right-click Computer, then click Manage.
- Navigate to Configuration, expand Local Users and Groups, then click Groups.
- Right-click the Administrators group, then click Add to Group.
- In the Administrators Properties dialog box, click Add.
- In the Select User, Computers, or Groups dialog box, in the Enter the object names to select box, type the account name on which you want your worker process to run (for example, Domain/User), then click OK.
- In the Administrators dialog box, click OK.
- Close the Server Manager screen.