This article lists the minimum hardware and software requirements for the installation of SPDocKit Consultant.
Client Farm Requirements
- The product (SPDocKit Snapshot Wizard or the PowerShell Module) needs to be started on a SharePoint 2019, SharePoint 2016, SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2010 Server
- For SharePoint 2013 & 2010: SharePoint Foundation, Standard and Enterprise are supported.
- You can run the product on a WFE (recommended), Application, Index or any other server in the farm.
- User must have proper privileges to perform the snapshot process.
- For SharePoint 2019: Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, or Windows Server 2019
- For SharePoint 2016: Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, or Windows Server 2019
- For SharePoint 2013: Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 R2
- For SharePoint 2010: Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008
- On Windows Server 2008 you will need to download Windows PowerShell Snap-In 1.0 to fully extract information about IIS Settings
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 for SharePoint 2010, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 for SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2016.
- CPU – any standard server CPU
- Memory – up to 200 MB RAM while idle, up to 1GB RAM during the data load
- Disk – 200 MB disk space
Consultant Workstation Requirements
The application - SPDocKit Consultant must be installed on a consultants workstation, and not at your client as you can activate it only once. You can only open already saved farm settings.
SPDocKit Consultant is not meant to be installed on a SharePoint server, but to serve as a hub. A managing place for all the snapshots you create on your client's farms.
- CPU – any Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 capable CPU
- Memory – up to 200 MB RAM while idle
- Disk – 100 MB disk space