This article explains how to upgrade SPDocKit Consultant to the latest version.
Upgrade to the Latest Version
- Download the latest SPDocKit Consultant version and run the SPDocKitConsultantSetup.exe.
- If a previous SPDocKit Consultant version is already installed, the Installation Wizard will inform you that it will be uninstalled automatically.
- Click I Accept the terms of the license agreement to accept the license and then click Next > to proceed.
- Choose the installation folder e.g. C:\Program Files\SysKit\SPDocKit Consultant. Click Next > to proceed.
- Select the location where to create application shortcuts and the preferred availability option (Anyone or Only me). Click Next > to proceed.
- The installation wizard will unpack your files and you will be able to run the application from: Start > All Programs > SPDocKit Consultant.
Tips & tricks
If during the installation you encounter any problems and wish to enable logging to help you resolve the problems, you can start the installation using the command prompt with the following argument:
- /l=”full path” will create a log file on a specified location.
For example, if you want to place the log file named spdockit_installation_log.txt in the temp folder on the C:\ drive, the full command will look like this: