This article provides an example of creating a custom report in the SysKit Power BI workspace.
Create Custom Reports in SysKit Power BI Workspace
This article will guide you through creating a custom report in the SysKit Power BI workspace.
SysKit Point Workspace
Follow these steps to access SysKit Point Workspace:
- Open Power BI
- Click the Workspaces icon (1)
- Find and click the SysKit Point workspace (2)
A new screen opens, showing you the SysKit Point dataset and SysKit Point report inside the SysKit Point workspace.
To create a new report based on the available SysKit Point dataset:
- mouseover the SysKit Point dataset and click the More options icon (1)
- click the Create report option (2) from the displayed menu
After clicking the Create report option, a new screen opens, providing you with all tools needed to build a report. The following main control panes and options are available:
- Filters (1) - you can drag fields to this section and select which filters are applied to visuals, a single page, or all pages
- Visualizations (2) - enables selection of visuals to be added to the page and their configuration
- Fields (3) - lists all the tables and fields available for report creation
- Page navigation (4) - enables you to add a new page, delete a page, or hide it
Example: New Teams & Groups Report
Let's start by adding a table. To do so:
- click the table icon (1) available on the Visualizations tab
- an empty table object (2) appears
Next, the table needs to be populated with appropriate fields. To add fields:
- find wanted fields by entering a term in the search input field(1); you can also scroll and find fields in appropriate tables
- select (2) or drag and drop (3) one or more fields from the Fields pane to the table visual
- selected field appears in the table (4)
Make sure to add the following fields to the Table visual:
- [Microsoft Teams and Groups].Teams and Groups Name
- [Microsoft Teams and Groups].Type
- [Microsoft Teams and Groups].Created On Date
- [Microsoft Teams and Groups <-> Users].User Name
- [Microsoft Teams and Groups <-> Users].Users.Email
- [Microsoft Teams and Groups <-> Users].Microsoft Teams and Groups.Role Type
The image below shows the report after adding all mentioned fields.
The last thing left to do is to filter the report data to show new Teams and Groups only. To filter the report:
- select the Created On Date option (1) instead of Date Hierarchy - this will change date display from multiple columns into a single date column
- adjust the filter settings for the Created On Date field (2) - here, you can adjust the settings to suit your specific business needs
- adjust the filter settings for the Role field (3) - select Owner role only for the report to show Teams and Groups along with owners
Below, you can see the final look of the created report.