This article lists all the steps to be performed when deploying SysKit Point to the Azure environment.
Deploy SysKit Point
Before you continue, make sure to read the resource requirements article.
Prepare the following for SysKit Point deployment:
- precreated Azure resource group and user credentials of a resource group owner, or
- user credentials of a user able to create a new Azure resource group
- start by opening the SysKit Point product page on Azure Marketplace
- click the Get It Now button (1); a confirmation dialog opens
- click the Continue (2) button; you will be redirected to Azure Portal
- click Create (3) to continue with the deployment configuration; Create SysKit Point screen opens with the Basics tab selected
Azure Resources Deployment
Before deploying Azure resources needed to run SysKit Point, you will be prompted to configure several options grouped into three tabs:
- Web application settings
- Azure SQL settings
The last available tab - Review + create - shows an overview of all configured options to check before the deployment is started.
The Basics tab enables you to:
- select the Azure subscription (1)
- select an existing or create a new resource group (2) within which the SysKit Point resources will be created
- choose the Azure region (3) where SysKit Point resources will be created
- click Next (4) to proceed to the Web application settings tab
On the Web application settings tab, you will need to define the following:
- Website Name (1); must be a unique name to create FQDN; the resulting Point web app URL will be:
- Web Application Time Zone (2)
- Web Service Tier (3)
- Backgorund Services Tier (4)
- click Next (5) to continue with the Azure SQL settings configuration
Define the following on the Azure SQL settings tab:
- Azure SQL Tier (1)
- SQL Account (2)
- SQL Password (3); enter the same password in the Confirm SQL Password (4) field
- click Next (5) to move to the Review + create tab
The Review + create tab shows the following information:
- Validation status (1) showing whether all resources are correctly configured
- Configuration summary (2) showing all options selected in previous steps
- Create button (3); once clicked, the deployment of Azure resources starts
At the start of the deployment, you will be redirected to a page showing the deployment progress. After 5-10 minutes, the deployment is complete, and the Go to resource group (1) button appears, as shown in the image below. Click the button to open the Resource group's Overview page, showing all created Azure resources.
SysKit Point Web App URL
To view the SysKit Point web app URL, do the following:
- navigate to the Overview screen of the created resource group
- find and click the app service resource (1)
- click the URL link (2) available in the Essentials section on the app service's Overview screen
SysKit Point web page opens, guiding you through the process of connecting to a tenant for the first time.
- System Requirements
- Activate SysKit Point
- Connect to Microsoft 365 Tenant
- Set Up Custom Domain and SSL Certificate
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact us.