This article guides you through the Yammer App registration required to create Yammer provisioning templates.
Register Yammer App
To be able to create Yammer community templates, you need to register a new Yammer app in Yammer portal and SysKit Point.
Start by navigating to Settings > Provisioning, and click the New Template button. The following screen opens: Click the Yammer Community tile (1) to continue.
Yammer app registration screen opens, guiding you further through the app registration.
Register the Yammer App in SysKit Point
Yammer app registration screen in SysKit Point enables you to:
- Open the Yammer app registration portal (1), where you will be able to register a new Yammer app
- Copy the Website (2) and Redirect URI (3) data required in Yammer portal when registering a new Yammer app
- Input the Client ID (4) and Secret (5) data which you can access in the Yammer portal after the new Yammer app registration is created
- Register the Yammer app (6) in SysKit Point after entering the required data
Next, open the Yammer portal by clicking the Open the Yammer app registration portal button (2)
Register a New App in Yammer Portal
A new browser tab opens, showing the Registered applications screen in Yammer portal.
- Click the link (1) to continue
A registration dialog opens, where you need to:
- Enter the application name (1) - enter
SysKit Point Yammer App
- Enter organization (2) - enter
- Enter support e-mail (3) - enter
- Enter website (4) - copy and paste the value provided on the SysKit Point app registration screen described in the previous section
- Enter Redirect URI (5) - copy and paste the value provided on the SysKit Point app registration screen described in the previous section
- Check the agreement checkbox (6)
- Click Continue (7) when finished
Once finished, a new screen loads, showing the following information about the registered Yammer app:
- Client ID (1)
- Client Secret (2)
Copy and paste the information provided here to the Yammer app registration screen in SysKit Point, as described in the previous section.
After you register the Yammer app in SysKit Point, you will be redirected to the Yammer template creation dialog. Here, you can set up your first Yammer template that will be available in the SysKit Point Teams app.
To learn more about templates and available options while setting them up, open the following article.