Approval processes define who needs to approve the end-user request for a new workspace before this workspace gets created using SysKit Point.
To start with the configuration, open the Settings > Governance > Approval Processes screen.
Your Approval Processes list shows you which approval types will be available to use in provisioning templates.
By default, SysKit Point provides 3 approval processes:
- Manager approval – manager of the end-users requesting new workspace needs to approve this request
- Admin approval – SysKit Point admins need to approve this request
- Manager and admin approval – requires approval from both manager of the requester and SysKit Point admins
Create a Custom Approval Process
To create your custom approval process from scratch, click on the New Approval Process button. You will need to define several settings:
Approval Process Name – give a name to this approval process; this will be displayed in the template wizard
Number of stages for this approval – how many levels of approval each request needs to go through before it is finally approved. Current options are:
- 1-stage – only one person/group will need to approve this request
- 2-stage – 2 people/groups will need to approve this request
- 3-stage - 3 people/groups will need to approve this request
Approver for each stage – for each stage, you can choose between the manager of the requester, SysKit Point administrators or provide specific people that will be responsible for this level (multi-select allowed)