This article provides a full overview of the manual access review process in SysKit Point.
Manually Request Access Review in SysKit Point
Access review, in the context of the Microsoft 365 environment, is an activity where a person responsible for an Microsoft 365 workspace - be it Communication site, Microsoft Team, Microsoft 365 Group, or OneDrive - checks whether permissions, given to users inside (internal) and outside (external) of company, comply with the organizational rules and guidelines.
While the Automated Access Review was introduced in SysKit Point 14, SysKit Point 15 brings the Manually Requested Access Review to the table.
You can also use the Manual Access Review to test and prepare your users for the Automated Access Review.
To find more about the Automated Access Review, visit the following article.
To manually create an Access Review, use the Request Review action, available for SysKit Point Admin users on the following screens:
- Sites overview
- Microsoft Teams & Groups overview
- Site or Group details
You must be signed in to SysKit Point with a SysKit Point Admin account to see the Request Review action.
To manually request an Access Review, do the following:
- Open the Sites Overview screen
- Select the desired workspace (1); you can also select multiple workspaces at once
- Click the Request Review Action (2) available in the side panel
Request Access Review dialog will appear.
After confirming the request, you will be redirected to the Access Review overview screen, where you can:
- Select a site, Microsoft 365 Group, or Microsoft Team (1); you can also select multiple workspaces at once
- Review the workspace (2) - only available for owners and administrators when a single workspace is selected
- View the Access Review Details (3)
To see all Manually Requested Reviews, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, click the Governance tile; the Governance screen opens
- click the Manually Requested Reviews category (1)
- click the See Details button (2) to open the Access Review report
The Access Review report for manually requested reviews offers the same capabilities as for the automated Access Review. You can find more information on how to monitor the progress of the created Access Reviews here.
After the manual Access Review request was sent, the workspace owners receive an Access Review request e-mail in their mailbox.
The link in the email leads you directly to the Access Review task in SysKit Point. Here, you can:
- select a workspace (1)
- perform the Access Review (2)
The Access Review wizard opens, where you can perform actions, check permission changes, and, in the end, complete the Access Review for a workspace. Actions and reports available here are the same as in the Automated Access Review tasks. You can find them all described in greater detail here.
If a workspace has an Access Review active, you can access the Access Review details screen from the overview screen by clicking the Review Now (1) action link, visible when the workspace is selected.