This article explains how to enable and configure the Lifecycle Management Automation in SysKit Point.
Enable Lifecycle Management Automation
To use the advantages of Lifecycle Management Automation in SysKit Point, you need to:
- Set up e-mail settings
- Enable the SysKit Point Collaborators role
- Configure Lifecycle Management Automation in settings
Enable Lifecycle Management
To start with the configuration, open the Settings > Governance > Lifecycle Management screen. Initially, you will see two accordions named; General and Automation. To expand the Lifecycle Management Automation settings, click the Automation accordion (1).
If you haven't enabled the E-mail or SysKit Point Collaborators role yet, the screen will look like this.
Customize Lifecycle Management Automation
When you have enabled the required options, click the Enable Lifecycle Management Automation (1) option. After that, more options becomes available.
You can select between three available actions for your Site Owners to take :
If you wish to receive an automatic reminder for uncompleted tasks, select said checkbox (2).
If you want to become familiar with the look of the lifecycle management e-mail that will be sent to site owners, click the Preview e-mail button.
Lifecycle Management Targeting
In the Target Selection section, you can define which sites to include in the Lifecycle Management.
By default, the All Microsoft Teams, Microsoft 365 Groups and sites (1) option is selected. Additionally, you can:
- remove any of the initially selected resources by clicking the resource filter (2)
- preview selected sites based on your configuration by clicking the Preview tile (3); first, you need to save your changes to enable the Preview tile
Once your changes are saved, you can click the Preview tile, which opens the Lifecycle Management - Preview report showing detailed information about resources that will be included in the lifecycle management automation. On the report, you can:
- click the tiles (1) to show only a certain site type; the tiles show the number of sites included in the lifecycle management automation, grouped by type
- click the Show link (2) that activates the Orphaned Sites view (3)
- view all site owners that will receive a lifecycle management e-mail; for each Microsoft Team, Microsoft 365 Group, site included in the lifecycle management automation.
- change admins by selecting a row (4) and clicking the Change Admins action (5) available in the side panel
Choose the Specific items (1) option if you want to manually select specific sites to be included in the lifecycle management automation. You can also select the checkbox if you wish to Auto-select new resources.
When done with the selection, save your changes.
Now that everything is defined, the lifecycle management will start automatically. To learn all about the lifecycle management in SysKit Point, visit the following article.