This article explains how to create a snapshot of Microsoft 365 configuration settings using SysKit Point.
A snapshot in the context of SysKit Point is a collection of all the Microsoft 365 configuration settings taken at a specific point in time.
There are two ways to create a snapshot:
- manual - described in this article
- automatic - described in the Enable Automatic Snapshots article
Before creating a snapshot, make sure to read the Configuration Inventory Requirements article.
To create a snapshot:
- Click the Configuration Inventory tile (1) on the Home screen - the Configuration Inventory screen opens
- Click the Take Snapshot option (2) available in the side panel under the Manage section - the Take Snapshot dialog opens
- Click the Start Snapshot button (3) - SysKit Point starts to collect data in the background
Once the snapshot is finished, a notification (1) is displayed. You can find the newly created snapshot in the snapshot list (2).