This article explains how to resolve the offline and unauthorized computer states shown in SysKit Monitor.
How to resolve the Offline and Unauthorized computer states
How to resolve the Unauthorized state?
If the computer is in Unauthorized state on the Administration – Computer category, that means the Service User is not a member of the Local Administrators Security Group on the remote computer where you see the message.
In order to get the data remotely, the service user needs to be a member of the Local Administrators Security Group on the remote computer.
How to resolve the Offline state for workstations?
Our software requires to Allow Remote RPC traffic in order to get the data from the client workstations. After you enable this you will be able to connect and capture data from the workstations.
This is required only in case you need to monitor workstations.
The easiest way to perform this is via the group policy. We will create either new policy or update existing and the change will propagate to clients. In this example we will create a new policy called AllowRemoteRPC.
- We will assume all the workstations are within the same organization unit, so let’s right click on the desired OU and then select Create a GPO in this domain, and Link it here…
- Name the policy somehow descriptive, e.g. AllowRemoteRPC-forWorkstations.
- Right click on the newly created policy and click Edit.
- Group policy management editor will open – navigate to Computer Configuration > Preferences > Windows Settings > Registry.
- Now right click on the Registry > New > Registry Item.
- In the key path, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server, select AllowRemoteRPC key, and set Value data to 1 and the Base to Decimal.
- Confirm everything and that’s it, now SysKit Monitor is able to get the data from workstations as well.
What you need to do now is to go back to the SysKit Monitor and add extra workstations you want to monitor.
See Network Ports article to learn more on how to configure firewall settings for data collection.