This article will guide you through the steps you need to perform to allow the user running the Configuration Wizard to login and create the database.
Create a SQL Server Login
This article covers the following scenario: User running the Configuration Wizard is not allowed to login on the specified SQL server.
Error message which occurs in the Configuration Wizard: Login failed for user DOMAIN\username.
User running the Configuration Wizard is not allowed to login on the specified SQL server.
To allow this user to login and create the database please perform the following steps:
- Connect to the SQL Server using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Right-click on the Security folder, point to New and select Login.
- In the new dialog box, select Windows authentication and in Login name field type the user’s username in DOMAIN\username format.
- Select Server Roles page on the left side and make sure the user has
- Click OK and return to the Configuration Wizard – Database Configuration step.
- Click Test Connection button. The connection will now be successful. Please continue with the SysKit Monitor configuration.
If you are using the SQL authentication to access the database, make sure to allow this user to login on the specified SQL Server, and depending on your scenario, you need to assign the following permissions:
- Create a new database – To allow the user using SQL authentication to create a new database, make sure the
dbcreatorrole is selected.
- Configure an existing database – To allow the user using SQL authentication to configure the existing database, make sure the
db_ownermembership is assigned.