This article will guide you through the steps you need to perform to allow the user running the Configuration Wizard to create a new database and configure the service account.
Create a Service User Login Permission
This article covers the following scenario: User running Configuration Wizard does not have permission to create a service user login on the SQL server – new database.
Error message which occurs in the Configuration Wizard: Domain\username running Configuration Wizard does not have permission to create a service user login on the SQL Server.
To allow the user running the Configuration Wizard to configure the database and the service account, please perform the following steps:
- Connect to the SQL server using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Expand the Security folder and then expand the Logins folder.
- Right-click on the user running the Configuration Wizard and click Properties.
- Select Server Roles page on the left side and make sure the user has
- Click OK and return to the Configuration Wizard.
- Click Retry.
- Click Finish to complete the SysKit Monitor configuration.