This article explains how to move the SysKit Monitor database to a new server.
Move database to new server
Please follow these steps to move a SQL Server database to another location:
- Stop the SysKit Monitor Service on a computer where the SysKit Monitor is installed.
- Close the SysKit Monitor application.
- Connect to the SQL server and open the SQL Management Studio.
- Locate the SysKit Monitor database and back it up to a bak file.
- Once the backup is finished, locate the bak and copy the file to the new SQL server.
- Restore the DB using SQL Management Studio.
- If the restore is successful, go to the SysKit Monitor server.
- Start the SysKit Monitor Configuration Wizard on the SysKit Monitor server.
- Uncheck the Use the same settings and upgrade option.
- Use the existing database and locate the new SQL server and the old database.
- Type in the new SQL Server instance and the database name.
- On the next screen, type in the service user that has same permissions as the old service user.
- Click Finish.
See SQL Permissions to learn more about SysKit Monitor SQL server database requirements.