This article describes how to configure your server to monitor Citrix Published Applications with the SysKit Monitor.
Configure SysKit Monitor for Citrix XenApp 6.x Published Application monitoring
In order for monitoring to be successful, these are the steps you will have to perform on each Citrix XenApp Server where you run published applications.
Enable the Remote Management
Run the Server Manager and click on the Configure Server Manager Remote Management.
In the newly opened dialog, check in the Enable remote management of this server from other computers option and click OK to finish.
Alternatively, you can verify with PowerShell that WinRM is configured properly. Just open the PowerShell and type in winrm quickconfig.
If you received access denied error run the PowerShell as Administrator. Otherwise, you will receive the message that the WinRM is already set up and running on this machine.
Confirm Yes that you want to create a WinRM listener and enable the WinRM firewall exception.
Add SysKit Monitor service user to the Citrix Farm Administrators group on the XenApp management server
- Navigate to the Start > Administrative Tools > Citrix > Management Consoles > Citrix AppCenter.
- Expand the Citrix Resources section and the XenApp subsection. Choose the Citrix farm and click on the Administrators group.
- Right click on the Administrators group, choose New and select Add Administrator.
- In the Add Citrix Administrator wizard, change the directory type to the Operating System User Selector and click on the Add… button.
- Set the Object Types to Users or Groups and the Locations to Entire Directory.
- Enter the name of the service user that you would like to add and click OK. After you added the chosen service user, click OK and then Next.
- In the last step of the wizard, choose the View Only privilege level for the newly added administrator.
Your Citrix Management Server is now configured for the SysKit Monitor Published Applications monitoring.
In case of any difficulties during the configuration feel free to contact our support team.
See Configure SysKit Monitor for Citrix XenApp 5 Published Application monitoring to learn more.
See Configure SysKit Monitor for Citrix XenApp 7.x Published Application monitoring to learn more.
See Monitor Citrix Published Applications to learn more.