The SysKit Insights latency screen gives you a detailed overview of all the ping intervals made.
According to Microsoft's guidelines, intra-farm latency should be <1 ms one way 99.9% of the time over a period of ten minutes. Microsoft defines Intra-farm latency as the latency between the front-end web servers and the database servers. However, we take it a step further and ping every server in the farm, not just the database server.
On the left side of the screen, you can observe the success rate of pings sent to each monitored server.
- Success Rate column: Gives you the number of successful pings for that server in the last interval. The interval will be displayed as critical if the ping success rate is not over 99.9%.
- Intra-farm Latency column: Tells you if the latency for given server is according to the guidelines (99.9% of pings under 1 ms in a 10-minute interval).
On the right side are server interval details. Click on any server and its data will appear.
Pings are sent in 10-minute intervals.
- The Sent Pings column gives you the number of sent/received pings.
- Pings longer than 1 ms tells you how many pings took longer than 1 ms. By default, the value is set to 1 ms per Microsoft's guidelines.. This can be changed in Settings -> Intra-farm Latency Configuration
- Maximum Latency tells you the maximum encountered latency in that interval.