We have shipped the SPDocKit 5.2.0. This is a minor release which includes IIS and SQL documentation, SharePoint Online permissions management directly from your workstation as well as some bug fixes.
Product version: 5.2.0
Build number: 21807
Release date: Jul 18, 2015
- SPDocKit permissions management is no longer reserved just for the SharePoint On-Premises sites. Manage your permissions for both SharePoint On-Premises and SharePoint Online sites from a single interface. Install SPDocKit on your workstation, add sites for which you wish to manage the permissions and you are good to go! Check this feature availability per SPDocKit license type
- SPDocKit Farm Explorer got even more informative. Farm documentation now includes Internet Information Services and SQL Server settings. Explore Application Pools, Site Settings, SQL General Settings, Database Settings, and much more with just one SPDocKit farm load.
- SPDocKit report subscriptions can now be uploaded to a SharePoint Online document library also. Report subscriptions can be uploaded to a desired SharePoint On-Premises or SharePoint Online document library using integrated or custom credentials, which can differ from the one provided for the SPDocKit service or the one running the console.
- Number of Unique Visitors is a new usage report that provides the number of unique visitors across the SharePoint farm—for each site collection—and also a farm summary.
- If you drill down to the desired site collection, SPDocKit takes you to the List of Site Visitors report where the actual list of the SharePoint visitors for the selected site is provided. Visitors are represented by user name and display name.
- All Farm Users report lists all the SharePoint users with any type of permissions, whether or not they have visited the farm. This report can be found under the Security Audit permissions reports and it displays each user’s domain and whether his/her account has been enabled or disabled.
- Number of Users per Site is also a Security Audit permissions report that provides you with an overview of the number of users per site collection. Expore how many users have been granted any permissions for a specific site collection and how many are actually active or disabled in your Active Directory.
- Search Content Sources is a new best practices report that checks whether the Content Source Start Address is in the default zone of a particular web application. If it is in any other zone, the contextual scopes (‘This Site’ and ‘This List’) will not work.
- Option to create a custom Farm Compare template lets you choose which Farm Explorer reports will be included in the farm comparison. This template also affects the Differences report sent by the SPDocKit Service following the automatic snapshot and manual Farm Compare results in the SPDocKit console. The template can be modified each time the Compare Wizard is used. These settings can be adjusted in the Compare section of the Options Wizard.
- New timesaving buttons, View in SharePoint and Manage in SharePoint, allow you to navigate to the exact place in the Central Administration or SharePoint site directly from the related SPDocKit report. These buttons can be found in Farm Explorer, Site Explorer and Permission Explorer reports. Use them to skip the Central Administration quest for the SharePoint settings you wish to explore or change.
- Since the number of SPDocKit reports grows with every new release, we decided to divide them into two categories: Permissions Reports and Content&Usage Reports. While we were at it, the Permissions Reports section got refreshed. Apart from new usage reports, previously mentioned in the Features category, we have new organizational categories and report names.
- The Scheduled Tasks tab can now be found under the Farm Explorer tab as a single report.
- The Manage License button is now visible on the Home ribbon for all Feature Usage by Edition and by Scope reports.
- The Test Proxy Server settings button has been added to SPDocKit General Options. Now you can check whether the provided proxy server address, port and authentication credentials work correctly before saving them.
- The Best Practices Dashboard now properly displays numbers of more than four digits.
- Reports in the Servers in Farms section have now been reorganized.
- The SPDocKit database no longer has to be on the same SQL server as the Usage and Health Data Collection Service Application database in order for the Feature Usage by Edition and Feature Usage by Scope reports to work.
- The User Permissions reports now have a principal selection limit in order to improve SPDocKit performance. If you select ‘All’ principals in the User Permissions Overview and User Permissions Details reports, SPDocKit will use only the first 100 principals to generate the report. This number can be changed under the General section of the Options Wizard.
- We optimized the time and resource usage for the farm loading process.
- SPDocKit farm snapshots are now being stored in the SPDocKit database, if the database exists. This allows you to connect to a SPDocKit database and explore farm settings and reports from your workstation without having to copy them from your SharePoint farm.
- It is now possible to adjust the Load Performance level for both the farm load and the monitoring load. Select if you prefer “low resource usage” or “faster performance.” Change these settings using Default Load Settings and the Monitoring Load section of the Options Wizard, or every time you use the ‘Custom’ option in the Load Wizard.
- The Storage Metrics report shows more accurate data. The size of the database logs have been excluded from the overall database size, and we added the ‘System Data’ to make the report more understandable. The ‘System Data’ node now contains SharePoint overhead data and unused database space.
- Export report buttons are now visible on the Home ribbon.
- Resolved problem with the grid filtering option not working properly for the Subsite Permissions report.
- Resolved problem with the Scheduled reports not updating view changes properly.
- Fixed error relating to reading saved Best Practices reports.
- The Property Store database is now being disregarded in the SharePoint Database Autogrowth best practices report for SharePoint 2010.
- Resolved issues with generating the Farm and Best Practices Documentation using custom template.
- Resolved issues with generating the Farm Documentation due to some special characters in the username.
- Compare Web.config files Wizard issues resolved.
- Recycle Bin properties—wrong information issues resolved.
- Resolved Web Application URL Check best practices report not working properly with the FQDN in the Web application name.
- Resolved problems with the Loopback Disabled best practices report not working properly when both disabling methods are used and report description not being sufficiently informative.
- Resolved issues with the Validate Assembly Deployment not checking all possible locations.
- Resolved problems with the target adjustment in the Permissions Management wizards.
- Fixed problem with the missing Backup History information.
- Resolved problems regarding the people picker not working properly with special characters.
See the list of the currently known issues in the latest version of SPDocKit.