In SysKit we introduced a cool and neat feature called data collectors. In previous versions of our application you could only have gathering data collectors that would be installed on the same server where you have installed our monitoring console. In version 5 you can now have multiple data collectors running on different servers that collect usage data and store it to the central database.
There are many scenarios where you would want to use that:
- If you have servers in a number of datacenters across the globe.
- When you want to gather data from servers in different AD domains.
Here is what you need to do to install and configure SysKit for these scenarios.
Deploying multiple data collectors in the same domain
In this scenario both data collectors will be connecting to the main DB server via Windows authentication. Each data collector runs under a different service account. Here is what’s needed to deploy multiple data collectors in the same domain:
- Install our Central Console on the App Server and connect it to the main database.
- Install an data collector in each datacenter and point it towards the central database.
- Use the built-in UI to manage the servers that will be monitored by each data collector.
Deploying multiple data collectors in different domains
When there is a need to install SysKit in a hosting environment with multiple domains here are the instructions on how to do it:
- Install Central Console on the central app server and database on the database server.
- In each domain, install a data collector and connect it to the main database.
- Manage the data collectors via a built-in UI.
Please note: If these domains are a part of the same Active Directory forest, Windows authentication could be used instead of SQL authentication.
You can download this guide here:
In case you need help with the installation or need guidance for your specific scenario please contact our support team.